1. How did the sermon speak to you? What jumped out at you?
2. Read Judges 6:1-13. Look specifically at Judges 6:12-13. Talk about a time where you have doubted God’s presence in your life based on your circumstances? Why is it so important to know that God is with us and will never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5)?
3. How would your daily life look different if you truly believed God was right there with you? Not just far away loving you but literally right there with you?
4. In Judges 6:12 God called Gideon a mighty warrior. Why is understanding our identity in Christ is essential in making an impact and living life to the fullest? Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 and 1 Peter 2:9. Do you see yourself as this? Why or why not? What would it take for you to see yourself as God sees you?
5. Read Judges 6:14-16. God’s response to Gideon’s question was not an explanation but a command to get going because He (God) was sending him. How is God asking you to get up and go and make an impact?
6. What was Gideon’s objection to going and how did God respond? How is that practically relevant in your life today?
7. Spend some time praying for each other and asking God for courage to go out and share Jesus with others.