Impact: Seizing Divine Moments
Life Group Questions for Impact: Seizing divine moments
1. How did the sermon speak to you?
2. Talk about a time where you feel as though you missed or took advantage of a moment of opportunity to make an impact in someone’s life. For instance, maybe you helped someone out financially or didn’t help them out financially but wish you did. The question is how did you recognize the divine moment or miss the divine moment?
3. Read Esther 4:1-14. Why did Esther not want to help out at first? How is that similar to our reaction in sharing Christ? Consider the issue of responsibility. Whose responsibility is it to share Christ with your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc.?
4. Mordecai’s response in Esther 4:12-14 was that if she did not step up and help that help would come but that she would miss out and her family would suffer the consequences. How is that relevant to Christians not stepping up and sharing Christ? Consider James 2:18-2, Matthew 16:27, Romans 2:6, or Matthew 25:31-46.
5. In Esther 4:14 Mordecai reminds Esther that she is there for such a time as this. In Ephesians 2:8-10 we read that we are saved by grace, through faith alone, but saved for good works that God has prepared in ADVANCE for us. What opportunities are around you that God has uniquely placed you there for such a time as this? Will you respond?
6. Read Esther’s response in Esther 4:15-16. What was her first plan to meet this need? How is that relevant to your life?
7. In Esther 4:16 Esther states that if she perishes she perishes. She was completely committed to meeting the need. Why is it so important to decide to be 100% committed before even attempting to meet the need? If you are not fully committed what will happen?
8. In Acts 1:8 we read that we will receive power from the Holy Spirit to be Christ’s witnesses. Without His power we will not be able to be fully committed or able to seize the divine moments before us. Spend some time praying for the power of the Holy Spirit in your life and in the Church of OB1.
9. Commit to sharing Jesus with at least 1 person this week and inviting them to OB1. God bless