World Class Receivers
Life Group Announcements
- The baptism / Potluck is this Saturday from 11-2 at “De Anza Cove”. The baptism will start at 11:30 and lunch will be served at 12. Bring a side dish or dessert. The church will provide hamburgers and hot dogs. If you would like to be baptized contact pastor Julian (Julian@ob1church.com)
Life Group Questions
- Read Ephesians 1:3-5
- God is a giver – Before the world was created, God chose you. While still sinner I died for you. God started the process of salvation, all we did was to receive it by faith. As we received God’s grace, forgiveness, and salvation, now we can give it.
- We can give Love because we first received it from Him.
- God wants us to be Givers, but to be givers we have to be world-class receivers. Is there anything in your life that is hard to receive from God? If so, why?
- We don’t like to give because we think we are going to be without. But When we have it in abundance giving becomes normal. Are you a good receiver and giver?
- Everything that God asks us to do / to give, it’s because He gave us first. Like:
- 1 Peter 1: 16 – Be Holy as I am Holy. It’s not an order. It’s God giving us His Holiness so that we can start being Holy. (That is the process of saying “No” to anything that is not pleasing to God)
- Let’s talk about the fact that We are not trying to be a new creation, But we ARE a new creation in Christ. I am not trying to become a child of God, I AM a child of God. We are only discovering who we ALREADY are in Christ. How is this reality speaks to you?
- Read Romans 11:35 and let’s talk about the cycle God created. Everything comes from God (We receive it first) through Jesus (The only mediator between God and men), and then we use it for God’s kingdom through the Holy Spirit.
- We need to position ourselves as often as we possibly can to receive it from God. Examples: Worshiping, reading the Bible, fellowship, talking to God, serving others,… Then out of this abundance, we’ll be able to experience that “Better to give than to receive.”