How to be victorious
Life Group Questions
- What was the main thing you learned Sunday?
- Feel free to read the Bible verses below and talk about each one of them. Feel free to bring your own questions because you know the group better than anyone.
- 28 times in the new testament the Bible uses the word that translated to English means conquerors, victorious, and overcomer. What was the area of your life that you have experienced great victory?
- 1 John 5:4 it said that that faith is what we will need to have victory. Faith in who God is, faith in who we are, and faith that he loves us and he is with us.
- Read 1 John 4:4, Romans 8:11, and 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21. The Bible says that there are POWER and righteousness in us. There is a seed of these 2 virtues growing in each one of us after we gave our life to the Lord. These seeds grow as we keep living life with God. What comes to your mind when you hear that there is a seed of great POWER and righteousness in you.
- In REV 12:11 it says that they overcame because of these 3 things: Jesus, Word of their testimony (Daily life with God, daily experiences with the Holy Spirit), and because they loved God more than life.
Bible Verses we read Sunday
- JOHN 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.“
- Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1 JOHN 5:4 – for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith (THRU OUR FAITH)
- NAS 1 john 4:4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
- RM 8:11 – And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you,
- 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21 – God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
- REV 12:11 -“And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.