God is good!!!
Life Group Questions
- Did you take notes Sunday? If so, what is the #1 thing you heard God speaking to you, and why?
- Read the first 6 Bible verses below and talk about the perspective that “God is good”. Ask the group: Do any of you think that God is bad, or has any bad characteristics in Him? If so, would you like to share?
- In Jeremiah 29:11-13 and James 1:17 we learned that God has good plans for us. Ask the group: Do you expect life to be bad (shoe to drop), or do you expect goodness to follow you as you follow Him? (Encourage the group to expect good things from a good God)
- Read Romans 8:28, and James 1:2-4 and talk about that even hardships are building us up when we follow God. The Christian life is not void of hardships, but they are tools of growth when we follow Jesus.
- Read James 1:25 and Luke 11:28. Let’s Talk about the condition to be the recipient of the good plans of our good God, and that is obedience. How can we give God half obedience and expect the full blessing?
- Pray for each other
Bible Verses Read Sunday
- Psalm 135:3 – Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.
- Nahum 1:7 – The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him
- Psalm 145:9 – The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.(Common)
- Lamentations 3:25 – The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
- Psalm 34:8 – Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.(Got to try it! How? By doing what He says!)
- Psalm 100:5 – For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- JAMES 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights
- Jeremiah 29:11&13 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 13 When (condition) you seek me with all your heart.
- JAMES 1:25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
- LUKE 11:28 He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.