No Longer Slaves to Sin
LIFE GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Baptism BBQ is this Saturday June 17th from 11 to 2 at “The Anza Cove” (The address is on our church’s website in the calendar page). It’s a potluck, bring a side dish or a desert, the church will provide the burgers and hotdogs. If you would like to be baptized email pastor Julian ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This is Life Group season week 10 out of 11. Next week will be the last week the group will be meeting before a 2-week break. Plan a hangout or something fun for week 11. (Groups are like little countries, some decide to take the 2-week break for the leader to rest, others do not take breaks. Feel free to talk and decide with your group if you guys are taking a break or not. It is 100% up to each group to decide)
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
- Do you believe that God can give 100% victory over your temptations, sins, and struggles? Or only partial victory?
- Do you know your weaknesses? (This is not a time to say “I have them all”.) But if you will be real with yourself and call it for what it is. (I struggle with gossip, with trust, with dishonesty, with greed, lust, anger, low self esteem,…) If you don’t like to share, no problem, the important thing is for you to be aware of your top 3 main struggles.
- There are many weapons for our full victory, but pastor Julian mentioned 6
- WORD OF GOD – FAITH / TRUST IN GOD – OBEDIENCE TO GOD (2 TIMOTHY 3:16)
- SUPERNATURAL SOURCE POWER & STRENGTH = PRAYER (MATTHEW 7:7)
- OTHERS – ACCOUNTABILITY ( ECCLESIASTES 4:9-12)
- AWARE OF YOUR THOUGHTS – ( 2 CORINTHIANS 10:5 BATTLE IN THE MIND)
- ENVIRONMENT (STAY AWAY PEOPLE & PLACES THAT MAKE YOU STUMBLE)
How do you use these weapons? Can you give an example of how God gives you victory through the use of any of these?
- Do you agree that we (the church people) we are too “sin” aware, and we are too hard on ourselves, instead of being more celebrating our progress in our faith journey with God? That we should be more thankful of how God is growing us, and that we are not where we are used to be?