Life Group Questions
4 key elements to focus in the first week of life group: Ice Breaker, share the vision church multiplication, discussion about Sunday’s sermon and a time for “share and pray”. (If you do NOT have new people in your group the ice breaker can be just an update on the past month). You will not have time to go over the 12 items below. Pick them wisely for your group.
- Start with prayer, and if your group likes to worship, do that. (This should take 10 minutes if group worships) I personally like to worship 2 songs myself because during worship I disconnect from my day to be present with God and the group. Play a worship CD or ask someone that plays an instrument to lead worship.
- IF YOU HAVE NEW PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP DO A 3 MINUTES PER PERSON ICEBREAKER- An idea would be “In 3 minutes tell us about yourself How old, where are you from, married/single, what are you studying/work, how long have been a Christian. How was Christmas break?” (This is just an idea, have a better one? Use it! The point is to get to know one another, break the ice, and MAKE IT FUN) Also be aware of people who can talk for hours, and know when to interrupt them to move to next person. (3 min per person. About 30 minutes total)
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE NEW PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP – Give us an update of the past month Christmas, vacation, & new year. (This should take about 30 minutes)
- Explain the OB ONE vision of multiplying churches. Phase 1 was the kitchen remodel, which is now a coffee shop; Phase 2 is construction of the VENUE (Old fellowship hall); Phase 3 is to fill the VENUE; And phase 4 is to plant a church. There will be a lot of needs at the VENUE. We will need a second worship team, second guest services team, we will need people to serve at the coffee shop, more children’s ministry workers. For the kingdom of God to be able to move forward it will require all of us working together, doing our part. If people are interested in serving ask them to email email@example.com. (Explanation should take 5 minutes)
How did this sermon help you?
Read Ecclesiastes 4:9-10; Hebrews 10:24-25; 1 Thessalonians 5:11 & Galatians 6:2. Scripture teaches that connected people go and grow further and faster. Yet, culturally many Christians are disconnected to other believers. In addition to a life group, what ways are you personally bridging that gap from being disconnected to connected?
Read Matthew 7:24-27. In this passage Jesus is warning us to move from information to application. What areas of your personal life are you full of information but void of application? In other words, what growth areas of your life is God encouraging you to act upon what you know is the right thing to do?
Robert Mullholland stated, “Spiritual growth is the process of being conformed to the image of Christ for the sake of others”. Discuss what that means and how it practically looks like in your life?
One of the greatest cultural gaps scripture encourages us to close is moving from “Me” to “We”. How does a life group help this process?
Who can you invite your life group next week? Remember together we will go further and faster!
- Share and Pray time. In one word how is family, work, walk with God, any challenges you are going through, and is there anything we can do to help? (This should take 2 minutes per person, so start this about 40-45 minutes before group ends)
- After sharing part, break up groups of 2s to pray for one another, then close with a group prayer.