Life Group Announcements
- This is week 10 of 11 for the Life Group summer season. There will be a 2-week break in the weeks of September 26 and October 3rd.
- The bi-annual church Picnic is this Saturday, September 17 from 11 – 2. (Ask the people in your group: “Are you planning on going? If so, let’s text right now bbq to (619) 536-0006. If you want to get baptized text water to the same number.
- Women’s retreat in less than 10 days. Text “wr” same number for more info.
Life Group Questions
- Before we talk about the sermon, what is God teaching you in this season of your life?
- Feel free to give a summary of the sermon based on Genesis 11:1-9. The summary is simply that God asked Noah’s family to multiply and fill the earth (Gn9:7), but they fell in love in the plain in Shinar (11:2) and settled there. They started disobeying God and forgot about their mission (to fill the earth) because they placed their eyes in this world and the things of this world instead of eternity, and second, they wanted to make a great name for themselves instead of a great name for God. And we do the same.
- If you were in church Sunday, what was the nugget of the message you felt God speaking to you?
- The only thing eternal here on earth are the souls of people. What can we do to be more eternity minded / mission minded / people minded, and not so earthly minded?
- How do you get tempted to make a great name for yourself? (Model vulnerability, and as a leader be the first one to share)
- What are some practical ways that we can make a great name for God?
- Pray for one another
Bible verses Read Sunday
PSALM 96:1-4Oh sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth! 2Sing to the LORD, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day. 3Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! 4For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;he is to be feared above all gods.
LUKE 12:21 – This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”