God’s family Business
Life Group Announcements
- This is the last week of this life Group Season. Talk to your group about taking a 2-week break before starting the summer season, or about the plans for the group during the summer. The summer is a great time to meet for BBQ, and beach bonfires. Great time to do stuff that is outdoor so that people can invite their friends to it.
- OB Kid’s sports camp is in July (16-20th) from 9 to 12. We are looking for people to volunteer as teachers and sport’s coaches. If you would like to volunteer please contact Christina (Christina@ob1church.com)
Life Group Questions
- If you took notes, what was the main thing you took from Sunday?
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 and let’s talk about the supernatural gifts.
- We are comfortable with the natural gifts like teaching, serving, administration,… but not so comfortable with praying for healing, casting out demons, giving words of wisdom to people around us. What are some of the ways we can grow to become more comfortable with the supernatural gifts and use them as part of our lives?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. First substitute the word “love” with the word “God” and talk about the identity of God.
- Now let’s talk about the points of that every gift is to love on people with supernatural tools. That is not for us to be scared of them, or to use them as a show, but power tools of love.
- v14 says that prophecy is to strengthen, encourage, and comfort. Let’s talk about these 3 main goals as we prophecy to people. That the goal is to build them up, and to bring them closer to God that cares for them.
- Pastor Joe compared the supernatural gifts with playing basketball. When the Bible tells us to eagerly desire the spiritual gifts especially the prophecy that it includes all of us. Just as we all can shoot hoops, every Christian has supernatural gifts, because the supernatural Holy Spirit is in us. We may not be Michael Jordan in the supernatural, but we all should be in the game of bringing heaven to earth. Let’s talk about this.
- Pray for each other