Heaven is Much More Better
OB1 LifeGroup Questions
Sunday, July 28, 2019
Facilitator, you know your group the best. Choose to go as deep as you want with these questions, read the room & choose the best course of discussion. It is entirely possible that God will stir up a discussion that is not found in these questions. You don’t have to answer all of these questions together. It’s not an assignment to complete
Make sure to pray together before you start, and invite the Holy Spirit to lead your time together. It’s possible that there are more questions to be answered here then you will have time for tonight. Select the ones that you think will be the most productive for your group.
Summer Series – Week 4
Pastor Nick Crespo
Philippians 1:21-23, Psalm 84:10, Luke 23:43, Isaiah 65:17-19, Psalm 16:11, Psalm 73:25, Colossians 3:2
Today’s Question: What is heaven like?
Q1: What do you picture heaven being like?
- Take turns trying to describe heaven as you’ve heard other people talk about it.
- What have you heard or been taught by family about heaven?
Q2: To live is Christ. To die is gain.
- What do we fear about death?
- Why do you think being with Jesus is “better by far?” (Much more better)
- Have you seen anyone rejoice in death?
Q3: Immediate transfer & what goes on
- What do each of these topics mean to you? (Leader: Don’t ask the next question yet, let everyone answer this first.)
- What do you think they’ll be like in heaven?
- -> Rest
- -> Purpose
- -> Peace
- -> Healed & Whole
Q4: The Resurrection & Eternity
- In Revelation 21-22, we see what things will be like. Skim through & share what you’re seeing.
- How is this ‘much more better’?
- To live in eternity means to exist outside of time itself, it is a timeless existence. How would your life be different if you could live in timelessness?
- Why is it ‘much more better’ that our timeless existence takes place apart from sin?
Q5: The Perfect Reunion
- Perfected humanity reunited with a perfect Creation
- – Where have you been on earth that -felt- pretty perfect?
- Reunited with family/friends
- – What’s the longest time you’ve been separated from a friend or family member? What was that reunion like?
- The Church United! All races, all languages, all cultures —— together!
- – How would a united human race change what you see in our culture?
- Pure pleasure – Psalm 16:11
- – What is your favorite activity? What makes it even better?
- Face to face with God Himself
- – Read 1 Corinthians 13:12