Life Group Announcements
- It’s time to plan for a social gathering “with purpose”. Something like a potluck, BBQ, or bonfire at the Bay, so that everyone in the group can invite a friend to join. Then in the gathering have something spiritual even if it’s one for 2,3 minutes like praying for the food, and saying “We want to invite you all to a Bible study at (such place) next week. We talk about life, God, and how to live life according to the Bible. If you have any questions come talk to me. Thanks for coming tonight, I hope you have a great time tonight.” (Just to plant a seed in people’s heart without being overwhelming). BBQ with a purpose, that sounds awesome doesn’t it?
Life Group Questions
- Read John 15:1-8. Did you take notes Sunday? Is there one thing that stuck with you that you would like to share?
- Let’s talk about God’s illustration of pruning. Did you know that God gives and takes away? Read Job 1:21
- Isn’t it true that we think that God should only give and never take anything away? But according to the Bible He will give and He will also take away (Prune) so that we can bear more fruit. Is this a new concept of God for you? Let’s talk about it.
- Do you have an example of something that God took away that was hard in the beginning but was the best thing for you later on?
- Read John 15:3 – It states that God will use the Bible to clean us / prune us. The Bible is one of God’s pruning tools. As He asked us to stop doing some things in the Bible, His desire is to clean us to produce more fruit.
- Now let’s talk about the part in verse 4 that says that God desires us to produce much fruit. Isn’t it true that when we hear this truth from the Bible we automatically think that we will prosper financially? But let’s compare this misconception of financial prosperity versus God’s description of the type of fruit He desires us to bear found in Galatians 5:22
- Spend at least 20 minutes praying
Bible verses Read Sunday