Learning from Daniel and King Belshazzar
Life Group Questions
Facilitator, you know your group the best. Choose to go as deep as you want with these questions, read the room & choose the best course of the discussion. It is entirely possible that God will stir up a discussion that is not found in these questions. You don’t have to answer all of these questions together. It’s not an assignment to complete
Make sure to pray together before you start, and invite the Holy Spirit to lead your time together. It’s possible that there are more questions to be answered here then you will have time for tonight. Select the ones that you think will be the most productive for your group.
Impact Babylon – Week 6
Scripture Context: Daniel 5
Q1: Pastor Julian opened by talking about the offensive & defensive sides of our faith.
- Do you feel like you’ve spent more time on the offense side, or the defense side in your faith?
- Is one more important than the other?
- Which do you enjoy more?
- How do you see God’s handiwork in you through these distinct moments/seasons?
Q2: The lessons of Submission to God
- What patterns do we see in people’s lives that let us know they aren’t submitting to God?
- King Belshazzar took the articles of the temple and defiled them to use for his own pleasure. How do people misuse what God has given us for our own purposes?
- How do these things spring from human weaknesses?
- Pastor asked, “What are we going to do about it?” What ways have been helpful for you to overcome weaknesses?
- How have you seen God bringing glory to Himself by providing freedom?
- Read Galatians 5:1
Q3: Listening to the wisdom
- Name some people who have “paid the dumb tax” and are good for gaining God-honoring counsel.
- What’s the best, God-honoring advice you’ve received?
- Name a time when someone spoke into your life at just the right moment, provided clarity & insight, & helped raise you up.
Q4: Steady in Serving God
- Pastor Julian described Daniel this way.
- Name a time where “just being faithful” or “just sticking with it” in your faith created something beautiful in your life or the life of someone else.
Q5: Being aware of presented opportunities
- Can you name a time where The Holy Spirit prompted your heart “in the moment” and you saw God do something awesome?
- How can we make a point of being available for these promptings?
- How do you feel like God communicates with you? An impression on your heart? A word from another person? Does He being apparent ‘coincidences’ together that stand out as signs?
- How can you move from being aware of these opportunities to seek them out?
Closing prayer time:
How can you pray for the impact of your group? What can you all do together to impact our community?