Growing up is more than showing up
Life group Announcements
- OB Parade is this Saturday. Be at church about 3:30, 4. If you are a part of setup team be there at 1pm. Pizza will be served from 3:30-4:30. The parade starts moving 5pm. Bring the entire family, bring dogs, strollers, scooter & Bicycle for the kids to ride along. Dressing up is optional, the theme is star wars.
- Bring your angel tree tag and the gifts back to church by this Sunday.
Life Group Questions
1. How did the sermon speak to you?
2. Read Luke 11:27-29 & James 1:22-25. In each case the blessing comes from choosing obedience. To grow spiritually we must learn to chose the “Hard right” over the “Easy wrong.” What hard choice is God asking you to make today? What will happen if you don’t make those hard choices? Try to move beyond the basics such “not sinning”. Think about how God may be asking you to serve Him in a unique capacity or to share God’s love with someone or to forgive someone, all these are acts of obedience that lead to spiritual maturity.
3. Read Ephesians 4:1. Scripture teaches us that we are to devote ourselves to our calling and purpose. The truth is that this is at times inconvenient to our own personal goals and desires. But as you grow in maturity, you follow less out of convenience and more out of commitment. In what way can you deepen your commitment to your calling? What does that practically look like for you today? What are you willing to do?
4. Read Philippians 2:12-13. What does it mean to work out your salvation and yet depend upon the grace of God who works within us?
5. Read 1 Timothy 6:12. Spend time praying for one another, encouraging each other to not give up on the journey because it is a “Journey”. We are all still in the process and on the road to maturity. God is faithful (Philippians 1:6).