Persevering in the midst of hardship
Life Group Announcement
- We need 100 people for the OB Parade December 5th from 4pm until about 9 to represent God and our church. Please register online at ob1church.com
- Plan a thanksgiving meal with the group before thanksgiving to be the family to the people in your group who do not have one.
Life Group Questions
1. Read James 1:2-4. How did God speak to you through the sermon and worship?
2. When evil and bad things happen do you feel as though God has failed?
3. Read Matthew 24:9-13. How have trails and persecutions affected your journey with God?
4. Read 2 Corinthians 1:8-9 and Hebrews 12:1-3. What are you focusing on in the midst of your current life difficulties or trials? It is easy to say, but how do you keep your focus on God in the midst of trials? How do you lean into God?
5. What does perseverance and faith work hand and hand? Think about Jesus’ promise in John 16:33, do you really believe He has overcome the world? Is that what your experience proves or disproves? Read 2 Peter 3:9 and Romans 8:28 and Hebrews 11:13.
6. Consider how Jesus depended upon Peter, James, and John in His greatest time of need (Garden of Gethsemane). Do you feel dependent upon your brothers and sisters in Christ to persevere in the midst of hardships and trials? If so what are you personally doing to foster those relationships?
7. Spend time praying for each other, the people in Paris and those who are undergoing great trials.
8. Remember that you can cry, scream and get mad but do not let go of God in the midst of trials. Hold on and persevere.