Life Group Questions
- How did God speak to you through the sermon?
- Read Ephesians 1:7 & Romans 3:23-24. What does it mean to you that God has redeemed you? What does it mean for your eternal life and your life today? How are we currently living in a limited redemption and a full redemption?
- In John 10:10 we read that Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy but God has come to give us life abundantly. This abundant life is through Christ redemption. In what ways can Satan not rob us of Christ redemption and what ways does Satan seek to steal and destroy our redemption?
- Read Joel 2:25-27. Here God promises not to undo our past but to redeem our past. What past wound, hurt, broken promise, mistake, or failure does God want to redeem in your life today for His glory?
- In order take back that which we have lost and Satan has stolen we must begin by turning back to God through repentance. How does repentance unleash God redemption in our life?
- Read Psalm 37:7 & Psalm 34:17-19. God wants us take back what Satan has stolen and what we have lost by turning over to Him our wounds, mistakes, failures, hurts, and trusting in Him to redeem that wound, mistake or failure. So, how do we practically turn over (surrender) a mistake or hurt to God? What does that look like in your life? How can your life group help?
- Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. God wants to redeem our past by refocusing it for His glory. God never waste a hurt but wants to take what Satan meant for evil and leverage it for good! This is the heart of the gospel. God took Christ’s sacrifice, what Satan meant for evil, and used it for the greatest redemption ever. In what ways is God seeking to redeem your past wounds and mistakes for His glory? How can you through God’s strength refocus what Satan wants to use to hurt you to comfort others and further God’s kingdom?
- Spend some time praying for one another and God’s redemptive healing in each other’s lives.