Three Hours to Live
Life Group Announcements:
- This coming Sunday, November 11th, Pastor Joe will be joining us at church, however, he will be resigning as lead pastor. He will give us a final update on this season of his life and we will pray for him and celebrate his faithfulness to OB One for the last 25 years.
Life Group Questions:
Preacher: Pastor Jonny Rizzo
Sermon Series: Joy!
Title: Three Hours to Live (Book Release/Testimony)
- One of the four points Jonny made in his testimony was that prayer is the most essential thing in our walk with God. Without prayer, there’s no relationship (2 Chronicles 7:14).
What does prayer look like to you? What is the importance of prayer and in what ways does it build our relationship with God?
- The second point made was the importance of community (Ecclesiastes 4:12). You being there for others and them being there for you (especially within hard times).
What are some ways that others have been there for you (especially during hard times) and how did it help you through your circumstance? Discuss some ways that you have been there for others and how God used that for God’s glory. If anyone has a story to share, let them share it.
- The third point made was the necessity and importance of sharing your life story and the ways God has worked out certain circumstances. Sometimes we think our story is less important than others, or maybe we think it’s better than others’. The truth is that we all need God on the same level and we all need to be saved from sin and death.
Do you confidently own your life story (testimony)? Or, do you find yourself ashamed of it? Your story is an opportunity to build the faith of others and give Him glory. Encourage yourself and others with this truth!
- Lastly, we learned the importance of obedience. Jonny said in order to know why we were created, we need to turn to the Creator. He has every answer we will ever need.
Why is it so tempting and easy to turn to everyone/everything else instead of God in the midst of hard times? Sometimes, in the midst of good times? What are some common things humans typically turn to in order to find comfort? Peace? Joy? Happiness?
Bible Verses Read Sunday:
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Matthew 14:23
- Mark 1:35
- Ecclesiastes 4:12
- Exodus 17:8-13
- Habakkuk 3:17-19
- John 14:12