Life group announcements
- Baptism / Baby Dedication / Worship night is July 31st. Encourage the people that recently got saved to get baptized. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A family from our church (Josh and Danielle Hamilton) just had a baby. Let’s take this opportunity and shower them with God’s love by bringing them a meal. Here is the link to the meal planner. http://www.takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=CGFU3844
- Invite the life group to join pastor Joe one Tuesday per month to come and pray at the church instead of meeting for life group. Every Tuesday 6:30pm at the sanctuary.
Life group questions for Impact: Relational Impact
1. How did the sermon minister to you?
2. The world defines our value based on our accomplishments (i.e. impact). Do you find yourself finding trying to perform (or make an impact) for God in order to gain His favor or love? Why is this perspective unhealthy?
3. Read John 15:16 and Luke 1:26-30. Why did God choose you? Why did God choose Mary?
4. In Luke 1:29 we read that Mary was troubled by the words of Gabriel. Why? The truth is that Grace is scandalous. It is given to those who do not deserve it, don’t appreciate it, or understand it. Do you find God’s grace hard to believe and receive? Why or why not? How does that affect your impact for God’s kingdom?
5. Read Ephesians 2:8-10 and 2 Corinthians 4:13. Here we read that we are saved by Grace, but through FAITH! How is faith a crucial/essential component in our relationship with God and making a healthy impact for God’s kingdom?
6. Read Luke 1:31-37. Here we read that it was by the power of the Holy Spirit that Mary was going to conceive and make an impact on the world. How did faith play a role in that impact? How is that relevant to your journey with God?
7. Read Luke 1:38. Mary’s response was one of faith and surrender. She had to totally surrender her life so that God could make an impact through her. What is God asking you to surrender today that He may make an impact through you?