The goodness of God
Life Group Announcements
- This is the last week of this life group Season. Feel free to take a 2-week break to celebrate Easter, rest, and refresh. If you and your group do not like taking a break, that is fine also. Whatever you decide, please communicate with the group this week
- Divorce Care starts March 28 – Register Online
- Blood Drive at OB One is March 29 – Save the date
Life Group Questions
- Read Luke 2:10-14 & Acts 10:38 – Let’s Talk about the fact that God is good. He is no grumpy, or in a bad mood, ready to punish. (Hints in the passage: Good news, great joy, peace, and goodwill KJV). It’s foundational to know that God is good, and He is for us not against us. Because our view of God determines how we relate to him. How do you view God?
- We can live the Christian life with an idea of God, or with a living & loving relationship with HIM where we talk to Him, we listen to His voice & direction, etc.. This should be our hunger, to move from following a book that talks about a person to a PERSON that is described in the book. How do you foster your daily relationship with the person of God through the Holy Spirit of Jesus?
- It’s OK to desire to feel the presence of God. Some will feel His presence with goosebumps, others with a peace that is supernatural, others will be emotional and cry, etc… Sensations are not bad. But let’s talk about the fact that we are seeking the presence of God and not feelings, but it’s OK to have feelings in HIS presence.
- Read Exodus 33:14-23 – Talk about the following statements:
- My presence will go with you
- My peace will be with you
- I know you by name
- I am pleased with you
- Is this different to us. Is God more pleased with Moses, or in Christ all above statements are for us as well? If it is for us, let’s talk about each one of them. (Ask: How do you feel to know that God will go with you, His peace is available, He knows us by name, etc…)
- Living life in God’s presence and His goodness may not change our circunstances, but it will definately change us. Let’s talk about it.
- Take some time to pray for each other
Bible Verses Read this Sunday
- Luke 2:10 – 14
- Exodus 33:18 & 19 “Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
- Psalm 23:6 “Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”
- Jeremiah 31:12 “They shall come and sing aloud on the height of Zion, and they shall be radiant over the goodness of the Lord, over the grain, the wine, and the oil, and over the young of the flock and the herd; their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more.”
- Acts 10:38 “…how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed.”
- Ps 34:8 “O taste and see that the lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him!” and Jer. 31:14 “I will feast the souls of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness.”
- 2 Peter 1:3-8 “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.