Life Group Announcements
- Women’s breakfast is May 20 from 8 to 9:30 am at the church.
- Kids Sport’s Camp registration is open. July 10-14 for 1st through 5th grades. Free
Life Group Questions
1. Read John 3:22-30. We read that John wanted to decrease so Christ could increase. How is that principle relevant to our daily lives? Do you feel that you should decrease? If so, why? What are the benefits and what does that look like?
2. Read Philippians 3:4-8. Here we read that the Apostle Paul had reason to put confidence in himself, but desires to decrease that Christ may increase. How is Paul practically doing this? How can we practically do this?
3. Another way we can practically decrease so that Christ may increase is seen in Philippians 2:5-11. We read that Christ decreased that we may increase and have eternal life and therefore the Father glorified Christ. Christ forfeited His rights as an act of humility. Thus forfeiting our “rights” is part of dying to oneself. What rights is Christ asking you to forfeit? What do you struggle surrendering? What happens if you don’t?
4. Lastly, read Matthew 11:2-6. Here John the Baptist is in prison and wondering if his decision to “give” up his rights and life was a wise decision. He asks Christ and what is Christ’s response? What is Jesus trying to encourage John with and how is that meant to encourage us?
5. Close up life group by praying for one another and OB1.