[bra_button text=’Transcript’ url=’http://184.108.40.206/nofilter/the-wisdom-of-god?task=callelement&format=raw&item_id=145&element=c39db1cc-3535-41f7-8342-d378e9e933e5&method=download’ target=’_self’ size=’small’ style=’rounded’ color=’grey’]
- How did the sermon help you?
- Read 1 Corinthian 1:18-19. Does the cross of Christ seem foolish to you? How is the cross the power of God?
- Read Luke 9:23-25. Do you view the cross as strictly a tool that God has used to pay for your salvation or do you also view it as a tool that God wants to use in your life to transform you into His image? How do you practically pick up your cross daily, what does that look like?
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:20-25. Why was the cross a stumbling block to the Jews? In what way was their pursuit of miracles a conflict with the purpose of the cross?
- Why was the cross foolishness to the Greeks? Read Isaiah 29:13-14.
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. Why did the Apostle Paul remind the Corinthian believers that before Christ most of them were not wise, influential, or powerful?
- How does the cross change our identity and value? Why should we boast solely in Lord and in the cross?
- Read Galatians 2:20. Here the Apostle Paul says that He has been crucified. Why? Do you consider yourself as having been crucified?
- Attend one service and serve at another. Needs are plenty.
- We need people to serve at children’s ministry, not just in the classroom, but also in check in and check out, rooms organization, worship, teaching, and assisting teachers.
- We need someone willing to drive the church van Sundays to bring people to church. Class B is required (Church would help you get it)
- Don’t forget to participate in this weeks #NoFilter challenge!!
Take a picture of someone or with someone that is an example of what Pastor Joe spoke on this Sunday. Leaders be sure to take a picture of life group tonight! and don’t forget to post it on Instagram with the # tag #OB1NoFilter and tag @Ob1church in the description or share your photos on the OB one church Facebook page.