Our New Identity Perspective
Life Group Announcements
- Men’s weekend is this Friday and Saturday. We are leaving the church Friday at 6 pm to eat Brazilian BBQ at the campsite at 7. If you plan to drive straight here is the address. If you plan to go Saturday only try to be there by 8 am for breakfast. Register at ob1church.com. Cost is $50. Address: 4776 Pine Ridge Way, Julian, CA 92036
- Worship night on May 19th from 6 to 8 pm. Join us for a night of just worship
Life Group Questions
- If you took notes, what was the #1 thing you felt God was speaking to you loud and clear on Sunday?
- Let’s talk about the reality that in Christ we are no longer called sinners but God calls us Holy people and Saints. Read Philippians 1:1, Colossians 1:2. If we keep calling ourselves sinners, we will live life as sinners, but if we see ourselves as fully forgiven and holy, we will live life expecting victory over our struggles and sin, not defeat. Let’s talk about it.
- Example: Pastor Joe mentioned that when Skyla was learning to walk, she fell many times, but he did not label her a “faller”, but kept encouraging her to be all God made her to be and walk. If we continue to label ourselves as “sinners”, it’s almost as if we are embracing defeat.
- Read Romans 6:6. Pastor Joe mentioned that even though we are Saints, we are still learning to live life as saints and learning to break some sin habits. Let’s talk about the gigantic difference that makes to know that in Christ we are no longer slaves to sin, and the Holy Spirit will help us conquer full victory.
- Perception is key to this teaching. We as sons and daughters of God we MUST expect good things from God. We must see everything, even the struggles/trials as a blessings (Read James 1:2-4), as upgrades. Many times God’s blessings are disguised (examples: job loss, pipe burst (like pastor Julian mentioned), etc… but by faith we need to learn that God is constantly blessing us because we go from glory to glory (2Co 3:18), and God is for us not against us (Rm 8:31). Do you believe by faith that as you follow and obey God and His word, that everything that happens to you is a blessing from God, even if it’s disguised?
Bible Verses Read Sunday
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-17
- Ephesians 5:8-9
- Romans 6:3-11