Life Group Announcements
- Women’s conference is in less than 2 weeks. It starts Friday October 23rd from 6 to 9pm. Then it resumes Saturday 24th 9am and it is over 5pm on Friday. The conference will be a time for the women at OB One to fellowship, worship, get closer to God, and to one another. For more info or to Register go to ob1church.com. The cost is $10
Life group questions for Road to maturity:
Since this will be the start of a new season, before you start the discussion, remind the people that: 1. The information shared by the group is confidential. 2. Encourage Everyone’s participation. It makes the group discussion richer and more enjoyable. 3. Start planning the monthly potluck/ BBQ/ outing. But most importantly is to share the vision of the potluck “So that all of us would invite a friend to come and get to know us, and we get to know them.”
1. How did this sermon speak to you?
2. In this world we cannot avoid all conflicts nor should we. But how do we face conflict according to the Bible?
3. Pastor Joe explained that Satan’s desire is not only to create conflict but to use the conflict to distract us from God’s call upon our lives. Talk about a time where you have allowed conflict to distract you from God’s call upon your life and what did you do to solve it?
4. Read Philippians 1:15-18 and John 18:36. How did Jesus and the Apostle Paul find victory in the midst of conflict?
5. Read Romans 8:28; 31. Scripture teaches us that in order to keep our eyes on the road that God has called us on in the midst of conflict we must trust in God’s sovereignty. David demonstrated this by stating in 1 Samuel 17:47 that the battle is the Lord’s. How is God asking you to trust in His power/sovereignty in the midst of your current conflicts? Do you believe God can and will work out your conflict according to “HIS” plan? Are you willing to trust in Him to do that? What will happen if you do not trust in Him?
6. Read Ephesians 4:26-27. Why is forgiveness so important in finding victory in the midst of conflict? What about for those who don’t deserve forgiveness?
7. Read Colossians 3:13. How do you forgive someone? What does that look like?
8. Read James 1:19-20 and Philippians 2:3-4. How does this truth help keep our eyes on the road that God has called us on in the midst of conflict?