Life Group Questions
- Being thankful is not a feeling, it’s a spiritual skill, it’s a choice, based on focusing on what we have and not on what we do not have. Like the saying goes “Thankful people are happy, not happy people are thankful”. Let’s talk about the issue of thankfulness
- The Israelites chose to complain leaving Egypt even after the plagues, the pillar of fire, the cloud by day, and the mana from heaven. There were consequences to it. Let’s read numbers 14 and talk about the consequences of ungratefulness
- Comparisons are an enemy to gratefulness because we can always find people that have more or seem better than us. God has a different plan for every single person, so comparing will never be apples to apples. Let’s talk about how bad and deceiving comparing can be, especially in the social media generation where people share pictures that can cause jealousy and comparison in our hearts.
- Read Philippians 1:1-25 – 1 key to be thankful is to focus on God and his kingdom and mission on earth. Just like Paul even in jail knew that he could be doing God’s work wherever he was, he was able to remain thankful.
- Another key is to rest that God is Sovereign, in control and in charge, despite our circumstances.
- What helps you be thankful, and what hinders your thanksgiving?
- Pray for each other.
Scriptures Read Sunday
- Psalm 100:1-5
- Numbers 14:1-12
- Numbers 14:26-35
- Philippians 1:12-21
- 2 Corinthians 4:8-10
- Hebrews 12:28-29