The Power found in our tongue
Life Group Announcements
- The Blood drive is this Thursday from 1 to 7 pm at OB One. 15 minutes can save a life
Life Group Questions (Matthew 16:16-20, Matthew 10:1, & Proverbs 18:21, )
- Let’s share our experience with the fasting. What did you learn while fasting if you fasted?
- Did you take notes Sunday? If so, what is 1 thing that you felt that the Holy Spirit talked to you loud and clear?
- The tongue has more power than we realize it can build up or tear down. We are called by God to loose on earth what is loosed in heaven and speak life / encouragement / words that build up and bring hope to people around us. We can proclaim the word of God to people with authority. If God’s people don’t speak hope to the world, who will? Talk about this awesome privilege that we to speak hope to the world as children of God.
- Do you have an example of how you build people up on a daily basis, based on God’s Word? (People who have the gift of encouragement are really good at this, ask them to share)
- We should not proclaim what the Word of God does not proclaim. That is why we should know the word of God to proclaim His hope to people.
- Read John 1:14 – Talk about the balance of speaking truth with grace. Because the 2 are a balance. Truth without grace can be harsh, and grace without truth can be empty. Talk about how correction and exhortation must be seasoned with love and grace.
- Talk about the difference between bringing heaven down through our words based on the Word of God versus the “name it and claim it” theology that teaches that everything you say God is obligated to do.
- Maybe you have been tearing people down with your words. Let’s take some time and together repent before God, of how sometimes we gossip, and tear people down, and let’s ask God strength for our mouths to be just a fountain / source of blessing and a tool that build people up.
- Pray for each other