The Power of Self Control
Life Group Announcements
- Church Game night is this Friday at OB One. Bring a board game. This is open to everyone, and there will be pizza. Great opportunity to invite a friend.
- Mexico house build is coming fast. We still need volunteers and donations. Go to ob1church.com for more info.
Life Group Questions
Summary of the sermon: God left us the Bible which is His direction, and He also left us the Holy Spirit that gives us the power and strength to do what God ask us to do. Through the power of the Holy Spirit we can have the self-control to say “no” to anything that is bad, wrong, or destructive, and say “yes” to everything that is good, right, and constructive.
- Did anyone take notes Sunday. What is the #1 thing you remember about self control.
- Read Romans 8:11 and talk about the POWER that we have in Christ through the Holy Spirit. Did you know you have that kind of power in you?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23 and talk about the fact that in Christ we already have self-control, all we need to do is to learn how to use it; But the power is already there.
- What happens in your heart when you hear that every area of your life that is “out of control” can be “in control” of the Holy Spirit through self-control.
- Read Galatians 5:17 and talk about the battle we are in and the need to use self control to achieve the victories Christ died for us to have.
- What is one area of your life that one point what “out of control” that you can say now that is “in control”. How did you get there, and how can you help others in the group get there also.
- Talk about the fact that God does not do everything for us; We are co-laboring with God. He gives us the tools (like the Bible and the power of the Holy Spirit) and as we use the God given tools, we will experience victory.
Bible verses Read Sunday
- 2 PETER 1:5-8
- Romans 8:11
- Galatians 5:17
- Galatians 5:22-23