What’s ONE life worth?
Life Group Questions
- How’s your life how are things going? (Time to catch up and be a community to one another)
- Read Luke 15:1-10
- Sunday we heard that God and the culture define the “lost coin, and the lost sheep” differently.
- Culture defines as people that are down and out or doing something bad, but God defines as someone that is still looking for peace, and purpose. (Like the prodigal son)
- It’s important to know the difference because God is after the people that are “down and out” but also the “successful”.
- The “lost coin” person is people like us, like you, like me.
- Question: Why do you think it’s important to know this?
- The value of the sheep and coin when they were lost never changed because they were lost.
- Your value and my value never changed in God’s eyes despite of what we have done or what kind of past we’ve had.
- Question: What do you feel when you hear this?
- Pastor Julian said “Do to someone what you wished you could do to everyone”
- How do you take that? Is this helpful in which way?
- Let’s Read Matthew 4:19
- The same way God called Peter and Andrew to be fishers of people, so are we.
- Our new perspective should be “There is something more important than the paycheck” It’s the souls of people around me. They are eternal.
- Do you think it’s a coincidence you work where you work, belong to the family you do, go the school you go to,….
- Or maybe God sent you there to find the “ONE”.
- Take some 10-15 minutes to pray for one another.
- Ask for prayer requests. Then assign people to pray for each person that had a request.