Life Group Announcements
- Women’s retreat is coming in 2 weeks. The deadline to register is on 2/18. There are 2 options, $145 including 2 nights and all 5 meals, and Saturday only for $75. Go to ob1’s website to register
Life Group Questions
- Did you take notes on Sunday? If so, what is the #1 thing you heard God speaking to you loud and clear?
- Pastor Julian mentioned that we should not be so surprised what we face hardship because it’s part of living in a broken / imperfect world. We are imperfect, others are imperfect (spouse, co-workers, our own children, everyone), and the material things of this world, including our bodies, are also not perfect.
- Read John 16:33 – This verse teaches us 2 facts about hardship. 1) We are all in the same boat (we will have troubles); 2) It’s possible to go through them in peace instead of anger against God or the feeling of low self-worth (The feeling that says “I must not deserve God’s blessing”)
- Question: Have you ever experience 1 of these 3 feelings while going through a hardship?
- What is your default feeling while going through difficulty?
- We learned Sunday that God uses hardship for our growth. Let’s read James 1:2-4.
- We learned that in the self-inflicted hardships the healthy response is to take ownership of our bad choices, and sins, repent and obey God. The response to hardship that was caused by others the response is forgiveness, and the hardships that we don’t really understand (Like someone who was abused as a child, or was born with a physical condition) the response is faith (Job 38) to believe that God is good, even when life does not make sense.
- Read 2Co 1:3-4 and talk about these 2 blessings that only come from the person of God. 1) God can comfort us with supernatural comfort; 2) God uses our hardship to bless others that go through the same thing. Let’s discuss it.
Bible verses Read Sunday
John 16:33, James 1:2-4, Galatians 6:7, James 1:22 & 25, 2Co 1:3-4