Why Growing in faith is so Foundational
Life Group Announcements
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
- Begin by reading the story of the Centurion with the sick servant in Matthew 8:5-10. 1. Do you know people whose faith in God is so strong that at times you would describe it as amazing? What is it about them that makes you think their confidence in God is so strong?
- How would you describe the relationship between obedience and trust?
- What is more important in a relationship: trust or obedience? Answer this question within the context of several types of relationships. If you are a parent, how would you answer this question as it relates to your children? What about within the context of marriage?
- Has there ever been a time in your life when your confidence in God—your faith—hit a really low point? Would you be willing to share that story with your group? If so, describe the events surrounding your loss of faith, as well as what happened that helped you regain it.
- Based on this discussion, what advice would you give a friend who had lost faith or who would describe his or her faith as weak?
- Based on your personal experience, if a close friend were to share with you that he was at one time a person with great faith in God, but had lost his faith, what questions would you ask? What advice would you give?