OB One Small Group Notes
Message: Christmas Eve 2019
Delivered by Pastor Julian
Passages Used: John 6:35, John 8:12, John 10:11, John 11:25-26
Today’s Thought: Making the Christmas connection
As a group, open up by reading together.
Person 1: John 6:35
Person 2: John 8:12
Person 3: John 10:11
Person 4: John 11:25-26
Pray for God to guide your conversation together, & for the Holy Spirit to give wisdom & insight.
Leader: Before starting these questions, remember that you don’t have to “complete the list.” There are more questions listed than you have time to answer. Every major question has several smaller questions on the same idea/topic that you can use to keep things moving. They don’t have to all be individually answered. You know your group best, choose the ones that work best for your unique needs.
Pastor Julian mentioned that Christmas is a time to celebrate Christ coming to earth.
- Is there anything you do to celebrate that helps you connect to Jesus during Christmas?
- How does your celebration help you connect to Jesus?
Q2: Jesus SAVES us from the HUNGER of our souls
Pastor Julian mentioned that there was a time in his life where he wondered how Christ was relevant to his life. Then, he realized that Jesus can save people from the void in their lives.
- How has Jesus filled the void in your life?
- In what ways, if any, did you need to come to the end of yourself so that you could see the beginning of God?
Q3: Jesus’ light is GREATER than our darkness
Pastor Julian mentioned that there was a time in his life where it was him against the world. While it may have protected him from hurt and pain, it also caused loneliness.
- Struggles can be so hard because they can be and feel so dark. They also can be very personal. Would you like to share a personal struggle of yours? Either a current one or one that Jesus has helped you defeat?
- Protection is good. That said, have any of your struggles caused you to build unhealthy walls around your life?
- If you have identified an unhealthy wall, in what ways can Jesus’ light break down that wall?
Q4: The cross REVEALS God’s Love and our WORTH
- Jesus died for our mistakes. How does this truth deepen your confidence in His love for you?
- How does His love for you change the opinion you have of your own self worth?
Q5: Jesus saves us from our biggest enemy – DEATH
- Have you accepted Jesus as Forgiver and Leader?
- If you haven’t, would you like to tonight?
- If you have, how does knowing that Jesus has defeated your death change the way you live for Him?
Point of Prayer for our Small Group: Pray over the areas that the people within your small group serve within, let different people choose one area (not their own) to pray over.