Strapped – Part 2
Life Group Questions
1. Why do you think God gave us so many verses and stories about money in the Bible? How does that affect you?
2. Do you ever feel trapped by either not having enough money or worry that the money you do have won’t be enough for life’s demands? Or both? Or neither?
3. What does “financial margin” mean to you? If you have financial margin, what are some steps you take to create financial margin? If you don’t have financial margin, what are some steps you could take to create some financial margin? Look up Proverbs 21:20 and discuss what you think that meant during Bible times, and what it means for you today.
4. Has there been a time in your life when you felt you were “wearing yourself out to get rich”? How do you discern when “enough is enough” (see Proverbs 23:4)? What strategies can you put into place that will protect you from “wearing yourself out to get rich”?
5. Which of the following categories of “paying yourself” are you working on now, or would you like to work on in the near future? What dreams are you saving for?
-Short Term Goals
-Long Term Goals
6. Proverbs 13:11 says, “Money gained in the wrong way disappears. But money gathered little by little grows.” In light of this verse, how do you feel about your retirement plan? If you don’t feel great about it, would you be willing to ask someone for guidance?